I’m doing some special training this week, and due to particular circumstances, my diet and exercise are a bust. Will resume on Saturday for soccer. Oh goodie!
- Insanity: Day 7—Rest
- Breakfast: –
- Lunch: leftover BBQ chicken pizza, but with parmesan cheese; Coca-Cola
- Dinner 1: Raisin Bran
- Dinner 2: Cheerios
Today is a day of rest. Aside from washing my car, that’s exactly what I did. I didn’t eat breakfast though. Needed to go grocery shopping. Leftovers for lunch. Meh. Cereal for dinner, times two. Bleh. Not a good meal day. What can I say? It was a restful day.
- Insanity: Day 6 (skipped)
- Breakfast: yogurt
- Lunch 1: 5 pieces chicken nuggets; water
- Lunch 2: Pacific Mahi Mahi burrito from Rubios; chips and salsa; water
- Dinner: Papa John’s cheeseless BBQ Chicken pizza; Coca-Cola
I skipped Day 6 of Insanity in order to play soccer this morning. I had a lot of fun. And then one of the players snapped his leg. We called it quits after that. I did a bunch of yard work, which continued to burn calories no doubt whilst straining my lower back. I hate yard work.
My wife and I continued our horrid eating through the 24 hour cheat period with pizza, although she had a health mex burrito from Rubios for lunch while I had the carb heavy Pacific Mahi Mahi burrito. Bah, whatever. I ran a bunch and hoed a lot. I deserved it.
- Insanity: Day 4—Pure Cardio
- Breakfast: yogurt; black coffee; water
- Lunch: 5 chicken nuggets
- Dinner: Blue Moon; bacon ranch quesadilla; chips and salsa; Coca-Cola; a pretzel; and some popcorn
Breakfast isn’t cutting it. I need to eat something hearty, like an omelet or something. Lunch was the same old stuff. I went on a date with my wife to Chili’s and a movie. We had the 2-for-$20 meal. And we topped off with some theater snacks. It was our cheat day, so give us a break!
Insanity Pure Cardio really kicked my butt—the worst yet. It was 30 minutes of non-stop cardio. I had to take breaks as my stamina isn’t up to snuff. To keep it in perspective, so did the people in the video, so it isn’t like one can easily make it through this exercise as even those “fit” individuals couldn’t do it. I don’t feel so bad. But it gives me something to strive for. Must. Think. Long. Term.
- Insanity: Day 3—Cardio Recovery
- Breakfast: yogurt; black coffee
- Lunch: protein shake; chicken nuggets with BBQ sauce; water
- Dinner: graham cracker crumb baked chicken; couscous; brussels sprouts; water
Food was generally the same. Dinner was amazing though with this new thing my wife made. It was graham cracker crumbs rubbed on chicken, baked to perfection. Absolutely delicious.
Insanity was easy on the lungs but oh so rough on my legs. It may have been cardio recovery, but it was still a power workout. It still kicked my butt.
- Insanity: Day 3 – Power Cardio
- Breakfast: steel cut oatmeal with brown sugar; black coffee
- Lunch: protein shake; turkey burger patty; water
- Dinner: BBQ chicken breast with chicken seasoning blend; baked sweet potato fries (home made); water
Food is more of the same. Yay.
Insanity, well, that’s a different story. Shawn T? Frick that guy. I didn’t do as well in today’s routine as I did in yesterday’s. This one was more about power and core work than it was about agility. It kicked my butt. Oh well. I did do it though, and I’m sure I will be acutely sore tomorrow.
- Insanity: Day 2 – Cardio Circuit
- Breakfast: yogurt; water
- Lunch: protein shake and seasoned BBQ chicken; water
- Dinner: leftover corned beef and hash; water
Food was more of the same today, only I had BBQ chicken with—not in—my protein shake for lunch. Insanity, though, is tough. I’m quite sore from the fitness test. Today’s cardio circuit was really tough. Not that my lungs and heart couldn’t take it; my legs were just really heavy. Perfect! I’m addressing my stamina issue, which is a good thing. It incorporated a lot of quick movements to help me improve my agility as well. But it sure did kick my butt.